Can I have your Tots AOD Member AOD_Grra's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Default Microphone/Headset issues

I bought a new to me computer yesterday 1/26/23. Started from scratch with a clean factory reset and updated drivers to correct settings. My current issue is that two different pairs of headsets both have audio in game and teamspeak show a microphone but do not allow me to talk. It will not pick up any audio from either headset unless one is plugged into the mic jack and I have to use the other for audio, however the mic that is plugged in and is selected gives off very low volume, high interference noise. Comingforthatbooty has given me every idea he can think of and been troubleshooting this with me and he is out of ideas. Both instances the correct mic has been selected in my computer and teamspeak and discord settings.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Toms's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

Check this out,
    https://hookeaudio.com/how-to-connect-headset-to-pc/

More troubleshooting there between default hardware settings. Essentially I think you would go to the Control Panel - Sound, then in the playback and recording tabs right click one of the headsets and set to default. Unplug, or also right click the others and disable.

Then there are various settings available to setup the audio feedback you want through the headset if you're trying to get surround. Surround settings and Virtual Surround can be buggy, if your set isn't the best for plug and play. Fool around with those settings and give it a shot.

Then in the taskbar by the clock, bottom right, click the audio icon, you can set your audio device from there. Other mic issues would be in various other settings in software and privacy settings in window deactivating the mic.

You're best off googling whichever issue per software to get different instructions. It's a lot of stuff to write out here.

x_x

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Mikezilla's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Could be a bluetooth situation. Maybe disable bluetooth and see if it forces one headset.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Vash1980's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

What type of headset is it? Se if they have any drivers for it and if you already installed them uninstall it and reinstall. Could also google the type of headset that you have and add microphone issues with it.