tactical genius AOD Member AOD_Kueker's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Bored Lost interest to play - Rant

This is a rant for why I haven't been on recently and have no current interest to play this game, no special info.

I haven't played in a while and I don't know what my current intention is with this game. I've played it a lot, but over time my enjoyment of it has just been killed.
    The game seems to have lost a lot of the passion it once had, updates were to release exciting content people would love, new ways to play, exciting events and experimental game modes
    There seems to be no effort to actually improve the state of the game or make it more fun or enjoyable, I find it a chore to play with how repetitive and frustrating it has become

Especially with this next update, and many many many updates before, the game has just become a money grab. Instead of having optional premiums to help with research, premium vehicles now allow players to effortlessly break to the top of the meta by dropping $70
    New tech trees are copy pasted. Top tier games are a universal point and click mission, either with darts or missiles. Even odd vehicles like the F104C which I have played over 1100 games in, or the Russian battle bus helicopters, or meme planes with tank cannons get old eventually with how repetitive gameplay is. And while I love mid tier dogfights or seal clubbing in a KV-1E, the actual effort to make this game feel like it wasn't abandoned years ago feels very absent

It's become a game less about fun and more about grinding to the next vehicle which I don't care about, and to pay money to make me dislike it a little less, or pay money to get premium vehicles, or pay money to get event vehicles, or pay money to use camouflage on my tank
    Fire sales of unique vehicles locked from when the game was in infancy show how priorities have shifted, more and more irrelevant packages. Rank VIII Premiums. So much effort goes into milking the game for more money while the gameplay remains unchanged and little effort is made to actually develop the game further.

Currently my only motivation is to play squibs, however these occur at 11AM/12PM my time and thus I am often unavailable with work, or because I am spending time with my partner. Many of my high tier vehicles for squibs are also stock as I have no desire to play them
    Unsure what my direction is from here both with the game and the clan.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Mustang99's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Burnout is real and sucks. This is pretty much why I only play a match here and there unless there are a group of people I like to play with. Its gotten to be more the interaction with the clan than the game itself.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Capelle's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Mustang99 View Post
    Its gotten to be more the interaction with the clan than the game itself.
    Exactly. I was also on my way to burnout and started taking extended leaves from the game when I joined AOD. Playing alone after years of F2P grinding was murder. Finally getting into higher tier jets, I just needed someone to have my back or share my pain with. I find myself playing mid rank planes more now just relaxing with the clan. While its nice to score, just rolling into a game with a squad and making things difficult for the opposing team is good enough. I have thrown the gauntlet down for a squad that wants to climb into a heavy bomber, flip the autopilot, and pour a drink whilst we unburden ourselves with mates who can relate, but currently it hasn't stuck. Bomber runs are a bit of a dull time, but that's not the point of it.

I do enjoy squibs when I'm on to participate, but I'm not in an organized roll yet, and I only have Air, not really a ground guy. Considered doing a rank V premium just to check the box for some heli action, we'll see.

Kueker, you do what makes you feel at home to play. There's nothing the player base can do to slap gaijin around and get them to focus on the players and game, rather than the money. Perhaps if they lost a significant portion of player base, but I dont feel that's going to happen. There's enough whales out there to carry the game forward. Some of the kids spend $70+/mo on new xbox/ps5 games. So $70 for a premium plane... it's nothin to them. So many new players in the top tiers these days. You have to really pull out the old box if tactics to put some of them down now. Saw a L35 player in a F14. I'm L97 and still haven't unlocked it.. and I have several premiums.

Just find your slice of heaven in the game and perfect it. I still fly the F-86-25, and I make the missile slingers rage occasionally. The adversity just makes you a more dangerous pilot IMO. Sometimes, a no-win scenario happens more often than we like these days. All you can do is make them work for it. I don't even acknowledge bullshit kills anymore, I just exit straight to hanger and get the next match.

You're not alone out there. I'm typically on in Air RB from 2:30p to 9:00p M-F (UTC -8:00 PDT) and fly with anyone at any BR, so long as we can have fun. (Sometimes I'm in the mood to grind though, working Soviet alot lately)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Capelle View Post
    Just find your slice of heaven in the game and perfect it. I still fly the F-86-25, and I make the missile slingers rage occasionally. The adversity just makes you a more dangerous pilot IMO.
    Enjoy this 5v1 no kills for the win! I took a break too and come back just to have fun... Edge~
    https://youtu.be/FwGK5heX2O0