Knee High to a Worms Ass Jinxie's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Trouble downloading BF 2042 through EA app

So I've recently been having BF blues. Game crashes after match (often). I've been using the Origin launcher for 3 years up till now. I installed EA desktop app. EA isn't showing my purchased games. When I try to download BF 2042, I get "There's a problem with your download" error. Any help is appreciated. For now I've gone back to Origin launcher (which is phasing out at the end of the year). Anyone else having this issue, or resolved? If so, hmu, thx!

Thanks for your time.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_LTCaveman's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

I dont use Origin myself so I'm not sure if this will fix your issue or not, but have you tried running it as an administrator?

Last letter, first love... AOD Member AOD_Cutchall's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

I had the same issue when trying to play Fifa 23 on release. I still preferred Origin but what solved the issue for me was uninstalling Origin completely and switching to the EA app. I did have both installed for a long time but only used Origin so I don't know if that eventually caused the problem or if it was just due to Origin being phased out. I don't remember for sure if I had to reinstall BF4 and BF1 or not but I don't think I did, I think they were still installed. I just completely uninstalled Origin and surprisingly haven't had any issues with the EA app itself.