Knee High to a Worms Ass AOD Member AOD_Marcuswalrus's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Default Constant uptiers=demorilization

Was told 5.3 America was rough because of how common 6.3 was. no that I tried the 2 tanks I had (one 6.3, the other 6.0) still only got up tiered in the 3 games I attempted. This shit is getting ROUGH to grind when I cant pen anything without having their broadside or back. Should I just drink the cool aid and play Russia and Germany since apparently American armor just was a non factor in the war? even though the Russians lost by far more tanks in WW2 than any other nation with them losing 7 per 1 German tank they killed, and America losing the least amount of tanks between the 3? The ground game is killing me man! ;(

Rant over. What do yall think? Am I just trash or is America terrible in tier 3 and tier 4?

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Blackb4ss's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Yes low tier American tanks are very bad, and even worse when you get up tiered

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Up-tiering is the norm. Whether you drive boats or tanks, or whether you fly planes, it doesn't matter.
    If you're playing low or high tier, there is at least 60% chance that you will be up-tiered by .2 or .3 BR.
    It's not a bug, it's a feature. [:D]

Can I have your Tots XPraetorian's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_rayrayblues View Post
    Up-tiering is the norm. Whether you drive boats or tanks, or whether you fly planes, it doesn't matter.
    If you're playing low or high tier, there is at least 60% chance that you will be up-tiered by .2 or .3 BR.
    It's not a bug, it's a feature. [:D]
    TRUTH

I took a break from grinding US Ground at about the same point. It is tough to begin with and the automatic uptier makes it even more challenging.

If your sword is too heavy, then grow stronger.
    If you are going through hell, keep moving.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Capelle's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Have you looked at changing tactics? I play mostly air RB, and not all planes fly the same. Luring an opponent into a more vulnerable position is often the best tactic. So few planes can you go straight into a furball and just be super aggressive and come out on the winning end. I have 4.3 tanks U.S. but mostly I stick to 2.0-2.3 tanks. A little more balanced, but I use my team for cover and really try to ambush more than open brawl. If I don't get a soft spot open I try not to give myself away and try for the next guy to expose himself (😅). Also, could try to team up with someone or a group. Doesn't even have to be AOD. I tanked with another random player we hit off well together in a match, played 8 more and did quite well.

Losing excessively and uncompetitively isn't fun, so make changes to make things more fun. Sometimes you're just outmatched, and in those circumstances I like to make things difficult for the enemy if I know I'm not going to be winning. Setting them up for your team to kill is almost as rewarding... just unfortunate we don't get credited for setups. I don't always RTB when I run out of ammo, if ya know what I mean. 😆

Quitters!!!!
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Diablo
    Status
    Active

My advice to everyone who plays this game is to stop focusing on one country. Play all of the countries and grind them up somewhat evenly. I understand that people want to get a country up to the top tiers quickly, but this will cause you lots of frustration. Most countries will have their own advantages and disadvantages. The beauty of having multiple countries unlocked and at similar tiers is when you start playing on a particular day, you may find that the country you picked is constantly getting their ass handed to them and it nice to be able to switch countries to the ones that are doing the ass kicking. Plus while your unlocking vehicles you'll be playing lower level BR's which means you'll probably start to bank roll more Silver Lions which will help you more when you get to the higher levels.

The other benefit of playing all the countries is when you go to group up with clan mates you will be able to play whatever countries they are playing instead of not being able to group up because you don't have a matching country.