Hi!
I know here isn't the best place to ask particularly, and I will post elsewhere, but I want the advice of gamers: What would you pay for a midi device upgraded to a sound canvas 32?

I ask because I went around to my Dad's joint fathers day, and noticed he had one around gathering dust. It's white, and looks like a network hub, but I am told is a mt32 upgraded to soundcanvas 32 (is that a thing?). I have seen the OG doom 1 and 2 midi recordings on vinyl going for $50, and at my local pawn shop they had an original atari console going for over $700, 220-250 per game (australian money). I'm thinking of making an offer, as I've seen the original "roland" mt32 device I remember from back in the day going for MINIMUM about $435 on ebay. It's family, so I could get a good price, AND bear in mind it would take an extra old 586-486 pc to run it, but should I make an offer?

Does anyone here know sound tech? Would it be worth money to a DJ in 10-20 years because it would offer a more "authentic" sound, or is that too well emulated on other devices nowadays? I really want to buy it, and keep it on the shelf, just to "say" I have it, but will it become desireabale again to sound tech's, or retro gamers atleast? (sound canvas and mt 32 go for 400 on ebay)

Would paying 100 aussie for it be a waste of money?