If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Dog's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Science2 Body building/ Weight lifting

We are a big community so i feel safe to assume i cant be the only person out there who lifts or body builds. I have some questions about what sups everyone takes and workout splits, Things you have learned good and bad. We are all out here chasing the gains. PM me on here or DC or in TS if you see me DC is dog#4177 Appreciate yall

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Mikezilla's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I was really into it in my 20s and early 30s..I developed cancer a few years ago and although I beat the cancer it left me with side effects which limit how much I can lift.

That being said..

I was an Endomorph or "pear shaped" body tye person and would gain weight easily if I did not exercise and/or eat healthy.

I went through several cycles of weight loss and weight gain.

The most efficient way I learned to lose weight was by combining a moderate cardio session and a regular weight training routine. This would simultaneously develop muscle while burning fat. A drastic loss in weight too soon without the development of muscle can lead to extra or "loose" skin.

I would do a 4.5 - 6 mile ruck march with a weighted backpack about 45-60lbs at a fast walking pace. I would try to do this twice a week with a light jog or light walking day in addition to the two ruck days. I would also do 2-3 days of weight training.

Weight training needs changed based off how my body felt. I would always incorporate the three basics: bench, squat, and dead lift. I would workout isolation muscles such as biceps and triceps, lats, and other muscles in between the three basics.

Squats/Leg Day after a 6 mile ruck was always a brutal day.

Food Wise? When I was trying to lose weight I would monitor my caloric intake with specific attention to protein, carbs, and fats. Trying to limit fats to 20% of my diet and protein/carbs 40/40

Favorite meals was lots of eggs in boiled and scrambled form with lots of oatmeal and grits. Whole wheat breads, almond butter, chicken, green beans, salads, hot sauces, salmon, sweet potato...you get the idea..

However, once I got into a decent shape I would allow myself a cheat day once a week.. a cheat meal I should say.. Eventually I progressed to where my metabolism could tolerate just about anything and I could eat whatever I wanted and still make gains as long as I continued to workout. However, If I ever stopped working out I would quickly become fat again.

Some basic supplements I took..

Whey Protein for post workout and cassein protein at bedtime. Creatine Monohydrate for muscle hydration.. Omega 3 vitamons and some basic mens multi vitamins. I avoided preworkout and just drank a dark cup of coffee prior to workout out and when fasting.. I did fast occassionally.

Some tips? Body weight is great..push ups, squats, dips, body should be well rounded..