Knee High to a Worms Ass Rin_Bexa's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default If you were thinking of getting RDR2....

DON'T!

At least not unless rockstar does something about fixing the vulnerabilities. Right now RDR2 is unplayable because of these issues. I tried to play today, and couldn't because someone cloned my rockstar ID and then hunted me across 5 different lobbies while pelting me with unlimited sticks of dynamite. Only Rockstar is supposed to have that ID, but hackers are able to get it because of the peer-to-peer vulnerabilities. I don't even have the actual ID string of my own account. So yeah, save your money.

Can I have your Tots SpruceyMoosey's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That's crazy, some friends i play with changed a file so were the only people able to get into the lobby.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

well that sounds terrible. Has Rockstar acknowledged this?

Knee High to a Worms Ass Rin_Bexa's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yes, there IS a work around to give you a semi-private lobby.... BUT if you use it with the game bought straight from Rockstar, RS takes offense. Also, if the hackers know your name from a previous game then they can get around the private lobby files work around. If they have your RS ID they can even harrass you in single player.

Yes, RS is FULLY aware of the hacker problems. They CAUSED them by releasing games in a peer-to-peer system instead of dedicated servers. The main reason for it is because p2p is WAY cheaper than paying for a server. However, it leavers you vulnerable, to the point where a hacker can even find out your physical login location, if they really want. And because they can disguise their ID to look like other people or use your ID to kick you off the game before you can file a ticket, the RS reporting system doesn't work 90% of the time.

I think there are currently 3 online petitions to boycott all future Rockstar products until they FULLY fix the GTA and RDR2 games.

Can I have your Tots DirtyHumanTrap's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'd like to say if you're not into the Rockstar Online style of their games like in GTA or RD then it's still an amazing game story-wise.

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is. Cyberblitzkrieg's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wow, I am really sorry to hear this about RS and RDR2. I have started playing the single player part of the game and am really enjoying it. I hope they do fix the online part of the game. I am looking forward to playing online when I finish the single player.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! GrimmDeadBeat's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So yes the MP is fucked up and and has been like that for a long time. I only play RDR2 for the single player and thats it.