Can I have your Tots Yossarian678's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Nakisanye View Post
    I liked SWTOR and played it a fair amount in between 2012 - 2019. The stories are def worth an initial playthrough. You really should take a sub for it tho eventho its F2P, the model doesn't allow you to really have any fun really. The PVP was also a lot of fun. End game didnt really get going until 2015 imo. Haven't played it in a while, dont know what the current situation is.

I also played Neverwinter which had fun gameplay (coming from systems like WoW/SWTOR), especially when it just came out. Had a massive problem in constantly rebalancing the game to keep players rolling new characters. There was no pay to win but there was def. some pay to skip grind. But TBH you'd have to spend THOUSANDS to really pay to win in that game. No idea what it's like now.

Other than that there are the games that have already been mentioned here. I, too, am waiting for that MMO to sweep me off my feet, but it never comes. I was hoping it would be BDO and ESO but they didn't keep me playing.

Strangely enough the game that feels most like an MMORPG to me atm is Valheim, but maybe thats because I'm playing on a huge server with people I both know and don't know. Everytime I log in the world is a little different. Not an MMORPG tho, there are like 45 people on the server (and never more than 20 at a time)
    I'm playing Valheim on my own solo server but I totally understand how it has a "MMORPG" feel. I spent like an hour-and-a-half last night digging a moat around my plains base to protect it. Basically it was self-imposed grind and I was totally fine with it, I guess because it was my own idea. hah. I haven't jumped on any big public servers. That's generally been a good experience for you?

Raise Hell, Eat Cornbread BeardedGuru's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_PandooZa View Post
    After playing all sorts of games for a while. I'm back to needing an MMO in my life.

I've played loads in the past:
    - WoW
    - GW2
    - ESO
    - BDO
    - ArcheAge
    - MapleStory
    - Almost every MMORPG in the Steam Store

Currently looking into FF14, also cause of the new experience and it sounds casual friendly.

If you guys know any hidden gems. Please let me know and maybe we can even play together 😁
    FFXIV is casual friendly with a whole slew of veteran players willing to help out those new to the game. I definitley say give it a try it has a free trial and its well worth a try. The story is great the world is massive the MSQ(Main story quests) are great also. The expansions of Heavensward and Shadowbringers are the best expansions and story that can hit you right in the feels and you never really know whats gonna happen next. Definitley try it and if you do i would suggest the Crystal DC and Brynhildr world and i can help you out with whatever you need like MSQ dungeons and explain what classes to do to get the best experience on how they work. Also you dont have to stick with the class you first choose. Say you start with a tank calss but want to change go right ahead just keep your tank gear and weapons because you can switch back whenever you want. Like say you got a tank(Marauder) at 25, and you switch to a different tank(gladiator) or DPS, or a healer class That class starts at level 1. You keep your tank(marauder) gear then switch back to marauder your class will be level 25 still. Better yet my character I have level 80(max cap till new expansion) dancer, Level 70, Paladin, Warrior, Dragoon, Bard, Red Mage, White Mage, Astrologin, Scholar, Summoner, Ninja, Black mage, & machinist, Level 69 Dark Knight, Level 67 Gunbreaker, Level 38 monk, and level 58 Samurai. all on one character never need an alt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12