Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_Anomaly187's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

I can remember going to see Batman Forever as a kid and sitting a few rows behind some woman with poofy hair that blocked my view. I had to lean to my right the whole movie to see the screen.

One potentially bad moviegoing experience that I ended up avoiding was when the 50 Shades movie was due to release. I ranted on Facebook that the movie would be trash because it was based on a trash book that started life as a Twilight fanfic and was about a highly toxic relationship between the two characters. A female facebook friend thought my rant was hilarious and wanted to drag me to the theater to watch it with her so we could riff on it and enrage the middle aged housewives and teenage girls who wanted to watch it for wank material. I told her to get me shit-faced drunk first and she agreed. We ended up not going because the movie came out later than expected and I was already back in school in another city.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Leflaur's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sitting through Lord of the Rings with my parents

I come in peace, seeking gold and slaves. Goodyear420's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When I was a kid, the first Pokemon movie came out, and I wanted to see it for my birthday. Weather was shit and of course the theatre was packed. Looking back I just efel bad for my mom having to deal with all that just to take me, lol.

Knee High to a Worms Ass Revanthebutcher|'s Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I went to a movie and was expecting it to be amazing since it was a Godzilla Movie it was the 2015 Godzilla but it was not the greatest and I was drinking an orange soda and i no longer drink orange soda's anymore due to that movie

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Xeahh's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Had gone to the movies to watch a PG Disney movie with my husband and my son. My son at the time was about to turn two and was overly excited about just about everything in a movie or show. During the movie (we sat towards the front) there was this family of 5, all older than my son. Youngest looked like he was 7, other two maybe 10 and 13. The parents were pretty chill at first, but then my son would laugh out loud at just about everything, point and shout "look!!!" And also how "Mama, BLUE!" (Favorite color so far is blue). The dad in the family behind us didnt care, but the mom leaned forward, put her hand on my shoulder and said in a low voice "Can you privileged white people control your child?" I ignored it, I'm not one to care about stupid comments people say. I responded, "I'm sorry, he's almost two years old, all we can do is tell him to calm down or be quiet, which he most likely won't always listen."

The mom gave me a dirty look and said, "Well my kids never have ever done this, even when they were one!" Which I replied, after seeing her kids cringe at her getting angry, "Well I'm sorry ma'am. I don't beat my child. I properly discipline him. You should keep to yourself and leave your racist comments out of it. If it bothers you so much you should ask to get another free movie from the theater. I'm sure they would accommodate you." I then turned back around to hug my son close to me in case she retaliated against me. And she did. She took her drink and poured it over me and my son before I could react and protect him. He was crying. I stood to my feet, picked up my son, and then all the lights came on. She was taken out in handcuffs, and the dad kept on apologizing for her actions. Told him it wasnt his fault, and I hoped for the best for him and his family. At that point we were about to leave when the theater manager came to talk to us after police talked to us, they bought us a couple towels and t shirts from next door (it was a discount clothing store) and offered to give us free movies for a month or one free movie each month until the end of the year. We agreed, and even though it was a nice gesture, we honestly didnt care. All we cared about was calming my son down since he was wailing he was cold and wet. Took me a couple hours to get him calmed down afterward. We went home of course, but remember that experience and now always sit somewhere where no one is behind us.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Lijabaan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When people talk loud and don't give a sh*t about someone else or use their phones, or they put their feet on your seat... HATE IT!!

Reality is often disappointing BootLake87's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I had a group of older ladies sitting next to me for a movie and they didnt shut the fuck up and were bickering and whispering the entire movie. At the end of whatever film I saw ( I cant remember), I walked by them and told them to refrain from going to other movies because of their chitter chatter for the entire movie. They looked at me like I was in the wrong, I left promptly after that before I lost my steam completely. That was the worst I have had it in the theater.

Can I have your Tots BlackSpartan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I was 20 minutes late to see john wick, and couldn't get tickets because it had already started- even though there were tickets left over it was against policy... still haven't seen the movie ;[

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

lol that's it ? that's worst?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AngNoop's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Any movie that had nudity in it and family was with me lol I felt like I needed to get up and go to the bathroom so i wasnt there lol

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Xeahh's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_AngNoop View Post
    Any movie that had nudity in it and family was with me lol I felt like I needed to get up and go to the bathroom so i wasnt there lol
    Oh no... no no... this makes me uncomfortable too. I little pretend I'm not there lol

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Fetlockk's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Watched It (2017) in what I thought was an empty cinema, some dude behind me started eating chips halfway through and scared the crap out of me.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Gravblu's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Waited in line for tickets in 20 below, wonderful Fairbanks Alaska weather for three hours to see the re-release of Star Wars Episode 4, only for them to sell out before me and my cousin got to the counter.

Knee High to a Worms Ass Dr_Optic_MD's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My worst experience was when a couple a row in front of us were touching each other and the girl wouldn't stop moaning for like 45 minutes. I didn't want to say anything, but it was super inappropriate.

Can I have your Tots Paybaxabeach's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Never had a problem before that I can remember except for maybe someone coughing etc

Knee High to a Worms Ass JoshuaTiger2's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

years ago i saw men in black in the movie theaters, and there was a crying baby. Whoever was responsible for the baby didnt leave the theater and it cried for 10-15 minutes.

Knee High to a Worms Ass MinatCriss's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well, I haven't seen any bad movies. I always read reviews first.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I iXiBlack's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

quarantine,

Knee High to a Worms Ass Goldenboy101's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'd probably say my worst experience was having to sit in the very front row of the movies because it was literally filled to capacity. It was the one and only time I've had to do it. While the movie was good, there was minimal comfort having to look up in the air to see the screen and getting deafened by the volume.

It's not a dad bod, it's a father figure! AOD Member AOD_hawkinson's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Sitting in the lower rows was the worst experience in a theatre. I slumped down and looked up the whole movie. Those seats should be removed or free. And, of course, the average movie has at least a few people sitting right near me who won't shut up, so I typically hate going to a theatre in the first place. Watching Mortal (2020) at home via rental was the worst movie I've watched, right next to The Happening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12