Hybrid View

First take the plank out of your own eye.
    Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Default PlanetSide 2 Joins AOD Discord!!!

Hello Planetside 2 Members!
    For Internal Use Only

After a great deal of testing, coding, and discussion, AOD is ready to offer a Discord server for clan communications!

As always, all changes to clan managed resources comes with some expectations. Please read the following carefully.
    1. Initially, we will be allowing access to our Discord to AOD members only. Please keep the link private.
    2. Access to Discord will be rolled out by division. Planetside was selected as one of the first divisions, please do not share with other divisions at this time as we are attempting a phased rollout.
    3. The Code of Conduct applies to all member conduct in Discord.
    4. Discord is NOT a replacement for TeamSpeak. Primary voice comms will remain in our TeamSpeak server. Note: AOD's Discord will not maintain any permanent voice channels.
    5. Discord is NOT a replacement for the Forums. Long-lived/permanent information should always be posted and discussed in the forums. Division lists, raid/party information, strategy discussions, etc, must remain on the forums.

While not an explicit rule, don't be annoying with emojis or other functionality in Discord. We have generally been permissive with functionality, but will gladly take away the fun for everyone if it is abused by a few.

Please know that our Discord server is a work in progress. Over time, abilities and permissions will be added or removed as needed to manage things. If you have suggestions for improvements or requests for functionality, please go to the Suggestion Box forum. Two caveats:
    • Voice comms are not up for debate.
    • External bots in general are very unlikely to be added. However, game bots, gif bots, or other bots not intended to help manage things will not be considered.

How to Connect:
    1. Download the Discord client --> https://discordapp.com/download
    2. Go to the clan settings of your Forum Profile and add your Discord username and identifier in the format username#nnnn. Please note, usernames are case sensitive and the number must be exact. (see image below as an example of an ID)
    3. Connect to the Discord server using the official link. If you've configured your profile correctly, you will be greeted by the AOD bot and given member permissions in the Discord server. Be aware that the AOD bot will set your server nickname to match your name on the forums. You will not have the ability to change your nickname.
    4. Discord Invite Link (Do Not Share Externally) --> https://discord.gg/clanaod

If you didn't configure your name correctly the first time, you can update your forum profile and either wait 15 minutes or leave and rejoin the Discord server.

If you have any questions, or wish to have assistance, please contact any of the PS2 Sergeant staff first, before reaching out to other clan admins.

Last edited by AOD_Arrow5379; 12-24-2020 at 06:09 AM.

I'm the last thing you'll see... OpteronO3's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Woot woot

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BLINIX's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Once I finish alll my finals at school will go and see what discord is about, looks like its pretty popular in some parts of internet, dont know why though

First take the plank out of your own eye.
    Rank
    First Sergeant
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BLINIX View Post
    Once I finish alll my finals at school will go and see what discord is about, looks like its pretty popular in some parts of internet, dont know why though
    We will be using it as a real time text chat for whoever wants to participate. So if you like chat rooms, and group IM and all that, discord will accomplish it

Art by Blinix

Thoughts become Actions. Actions become Habits. Habits become Character.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    World of Warships
    Status
    Active

Finally a thing. Several peeps worked hard at this so it would fit into the AOD model. Treat it well.

Can I have your Tots OutburstTR's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Do you have any examples of things that may be better suited for Discord chat vs a forum post?

I took an IQ test and the results were negative AOD Member AOD_Cullions's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Wow nice.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nice!! It is good to hear that AOD started Discord channel.

Knee High to a Worms Ass NightFallsAngel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

awesdome ^^

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None