A closed mouth gathers no foot AOD Member AOD_Ufftack's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Default "Ember" What Are Your Thoughts?

Hey guys! I was rummaging through the interwebs the other day and stumbled up Ember. The reason why it caught my eye was because it was claiming to be what Firefall was supposed to be. I remember playing Firefall in it's beta and I had a blast and couldn't wait for it's launch. I then left it for a year or so and came back to a completely different game and was very upset. Is this "Ember" project an actual thing or am I outdated and lagging behind? It has old Redbag devs and I read somewhere that it had a kickstarter. Is anyone else wanting to see a new Firefall? Discuss.

Ember Webpage Here

More Info Here

There is even a petition! Here
    Last edited by AOD_Ufftack; 08-26-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Kestah View Post
    I prefer to say I "provided some coaching"
    Burn the heretic.
    Kill the mutant.
    Purge the unclean.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

im guessing no one here played firefall then ???

also i think this landing page does a better job at explaining the game in a whole

https://em8er.com/

for those unaware let me give the run down.

ember will follow its younger brother that has sadly fallen to a vile disease (a stupid chinesse multi million / billion dollar company) its called "Obsessive imagination" in that the company teh9.... yes thats actually what they are called. that bought firefall back in development and going into closed beta. after the games launch into open beta and going on and on. development struggled with CEO issues as well as internal struggle between employees and pay checks being delivered out on time and employs left hanging for the better part of a couple months without any pay.

teh9 ruining firefall to make it more of a third person WoW game. which is exactly what the game wasn't supposed to be. it was supposed to be purely driven by a in depth crafting system along with guild contribution for further larger scale stuff.

ember seeks out to be what the game was originally intended to be before all the drama and fighting with teh9 to force how the game should be etc.

which is a MMO or in some cases what mark refers to it as is a MPW. Massively Planetary Wargame

where in this game much like in firefall with the chosen *enemy faction* youl be fighting for control over key areas on a massive scale. with dynamic content thats aimed to get people organized and either attack or defend.

sort of like PS2 but its NC & vanu against TR. and NC / vanu are aliens of some sort.

im probably doing a really terrible fucking job explaining this. but if you you search up firefall on youtube and love the fact that its a TPS / FPS MMO game then this game will be for you and assuming there is no region servers this would be a great game to get into with everyone in AOD.

if you join their forums hit me up :) id be totally down with playing this game with anyone in AOD
    https://forums.em8er.com/members/dibbz.1703/

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Region servers shouldn't be a problem as long as your not locked into a region. PS2 uses region servers. Oh and this sounds interesting.

Sent from my skyguard

Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I remember other discussions about this game popping up on the forum a while ago. Try looking for those for more info they might have.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Maggoty View Post
    Region servers shouldn't be a problem as long as your not locked into a region. PS2 uses region servers. Oh and this sounds interesting.

Sent from my skyguard
    what im getting at those was that firefall was just 1 server but it was all instanced based but if someone lets say from america invited you to a squad or what not. there would be a quick loading screen which meant its switching instance. that then later go moved to a chat command / UI option (Join leaders instance)

and it was pretty fucking quick at least for me it was. id rather have that then locked region servers like EU / NA because it means you can grow a larger playerbase as well as have all your members from a community not need to worry about regional servers

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the info DiBBz! I went to that website you link and signed up. I guess we just wait till their playable test thing is out.
    Burn the heretic.
    Kill the mutant.
    Purge the unclean.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e...3-milestone/#/

next wave of funding for development everything listed and asked is on the indigogo for those really wanting a understanding of the games progression from concept to reality

I've updated my privacy policy AOD Member AOD_Nozama's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active

LOL, no one here played Firefall would be a wrong assumption. At our prime had members across 5 armies, with several devs as open members of the clan or embedded as unknown players.

The9 may have been partially responsible for the downfall of Firefall but there's plenty of blame to go around including plenty for Mark Kern the former CEO of Red5 as well as the creator of Ember.

https://www.techinasia.com/firefall-...ked-the9-story

Many of us would love to see a return of the Firefall we loved but will wait tentatively to see the result before going all in.

Former NCO's in Firefall include CO's and XO's across the divsions, the game was well loved.

https://soundcloud.com/srslynoz/sets...to-firefall-by

https://www.youtube.com/user/SrslyGamingTV/videos
    "You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
    Plato

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

mark came out tho and admitted the faults that where hard during the development of firefall. the blame was more or so spread across multiple people more so than others.

marks issue was a creative problem on advancing the game. he wanted to build upon all ready laid out systems. and ever since he was dropped years ago. if you pay attention to his twitter. hes had time to reflect and improve his creativity. hes been working side jobs since his departure.

and it seems his buddy from wow is helping him with ember in terms of management of funds. i guess its why the overall funding process of the game has been so low. just nearing $100k i think over the process of 4 crowd funding projects

compared to other triple A MMO's like star citizen that still hasn't released yet or other similar mmo's

Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

The game has been making good advancements recently and they are starting to get more images, videos, and even a little play test thingy to show what they have working. There is still a long ways to go but each funding campaign has been going well over the goals. Each milestone is adding more and more of the game step by step.

HERE is their FAQ.
    Burn the heretic.
    Kill the mutant.
    Purge the unclean.